Fundraising Campaigns - What We Do
We’ve done everything from Cookie Dough to Cheque Writing. Spring flowers to Christmas Candy. We are always looking for ideas for new fundraisers that parents will actually look forward to.
Fun Lunches are cancelled until further notice due to the COVID restrictions.
We also have ourselves setup with Mabel’s Labels! Just make sure to select Louis Riel School from the fundraiser menu, and then 20% of your purchase comes directly to the school council – how easy is that?!
Next time you’re at Cobbs, mention the Louis Reil Parent Council, and we get a small share. Mmmm bread…
We’ve partnered with SkipTheDepot!
What is SkipTheDepot? A door-to-door bottle collection service that makes refundable recycling and fundraising easier than 1,2,3
- Download the app and book a pickup using https://app.skipthedepot.com/louisrielparentcouncil
- Place your bags outside
- Receive refund and donate to us!
SkipTheDepot will allow everyone to donate directly to our organization with ease. It’s a wonderful way to get rid of those smelly bottles and give back to our school!
Why We Fundraise
You might be surprised how much the school relies on the financial assistance the Parent Society is able to provide.
As a science school, the cost of the equipment and consumables is high, and we’ve been able to contribute many thousands of dollars over the years in school supplies, equipment and services.
This is so important, because the CBE budgets can only stretch so far, with 96% of the school budget going towards salaries.
Have a look below at our previous fundraising efforts and outcomes.
A Summary of Two Years of Spending (2018 - 2020)
- Smart Boards (C)
- 3D Printer (S)
- Tablets and storage carts (S+C)
- Green screen (S)
- Entrance Improvement – outdoor classroom (S)
- Conversion of stage to multipurpose learning space (C)
- Furniture – tables and chairs (C)
- New Science Lab (C)
Student phone (S)
- Textbooks – cover school shortages (S)
- Science Materials – unit kits, lab equipment, test materials (C)
- Learning Commons – Reading Material (S+C)
- Bus Transportation for field trips – cover shortfalls from fees (C)
- Musical Instruments – French horns, guitars, drums, amps (C)
- Artists in Residence (S+C)
- Bus a for field trips – museums, heritage sites (C)
Volunteers, Staff & Community
- Welcome Event (S)
- Staff and Volunteer Appreciation – dinner, grandparent reading, patrols (S)
- Naturalization Area (S)
Physical & Education
- Activity Programs – Alien Inline, Skate Shack rentals, Breakdance and others
- Phys Ed Equipment – uniforms, mats, nets, racquets, balls, K-4 games (C)
- Inline skating and dance programs (C)
- Projection Screen for South Gym (S)
- Speaker Series – internet safety, anxiety, ADHD, antibullying (S)
- Wellness Rooms – posters, furniture,
(C) – items paid for with Casino funds (S) – items paid for with funds from School fundraisers and donations